Monday, April 11, 2011

{Durham Art Walk}

{rainy Durham}

The Durham Art Walk was this past weekend, and I had a great time.  The weather was a little iffy on Saturday, but it didn't seem to keep many people away.  I saw lots of familiar faces from prior art walks and met a lot of new ones.  My parents were in the area for another event in Chapel Hill, so they were able to stop by on their way back home.  It was wonderful to see them and show off my new designs.  Later in the day a friend dropped by to keep me company.  After the show we went for dinner and sangria at Cuban Revolution.  {fried plantains, yum!}  It was the perfect end to a great day.  The walk there was lovely, dinner was delicious and we got caught in a rainstorm on the way back.  Luckily, I don't mind the rain, because as usual, I didn't have an umbrella.  In my entire life, I think I've actually had an umbrella during a rainstorm... maybe... twice... and one of those times it was broken and wouldn't open.
{tray of goodies}
I made a point to arrive early on Sunday so I could take a quick look around at the other artists and designers before the crowds arrived.  I was happy to find one of my favorite vendors from the holiday show, Sugar Monster Pottery, and I brought home a new friend.  Its back to the studio today for the start of a very busy week.  Next Sunday I'm off to Richmond for Spring Bada-Bing.
{tapeworm monster}

No comments: